Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Love and Cookies

Love and Cookies



Cookies bring out the LOVE in each of us. At our house, my 5 kids (and hubby) look forward to Sundays where we bake cookies each week (if they are reverent in church..which thankfully they usually are). They beg me all day long until I finally pull out the mixer (and if they aren't in the kitchen, the mixer brings them running). They love to help. But they really love the dough. We all REALLY love dipping our warm cookies in a cold glass of milk. And after our tummies are full, we save a plate of those cookies for a family or two in our neighborhood and deliver them...to share "the cookie love."
See...cookies bring out the LOVE.
My dear friend Shawni is full of love. She is the most amazing person (and MOTHER). Not only is she absolutely gorgeous, she is hand's down the kindest person I have ever met. She inspires others each day as she shares her "mothering secrets" with those that read her amazing blog, "71 toes."
She too loves cookies. And over the past 18 years since I have known Shawni, cookies have filled their home as well. I can't tell you the amount of times her delicious cookies have shown up on my doorstep...love I tell you!
The cookie baking tradition has now been passed on to her son, Max.
She shares from a past post on her blog:

"He found this recipe on the back of the flour package and made it a while back and it's been our family favorite ever since. I have been a connoisseur of chocolate chip cookies since I was his age, so believe me, I know a good one when I see it. Here's the recipe:

3 cubes butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbs. vanilla
4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
lots of chocolate chips

The recipe says bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes, but we do two pans at once and put the oven on convection at 325. On convection you only bake them for 8 minutes. Go try them...you won't be sorry!

And if one awesome recipe isn't enough...I had better share ours as well (the secrets out):

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 cubes softened butter
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate Chips

Mix the sugars, vanilla and butter together for about 30 seconds. Add one egg at a time to mixture. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the sugar/butter mixture. Add chocolate chips

Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 or until golden brown.

Now go share the love (but eat a few first)...and be sure to check out Shawni's blog. Now you are going to be addicted to 2 new things...cookies and 71 toes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails