Before you go and buy anything, be sure to do the following:
1. Check to see if you have a coupon. I simply google the product I am buying followed with the words, "coupon."
2. Take a look at the circulars from all of the stores that carry the product you want (and many of the large stores WILL price match) and find where the item is cheapest.
Here is a simple example of how it worked for me today (and btw, I hadn't done one lick of Christmas shopping prior to this purchase...BEEN CRAZY BUSY):
My son wanted a Mario Game for his upcoming birthday.
I found a coupon for Target (I simply went to their site on Facebook and then printed), "spend $50, get $10 gift card in return." This deal is good through tomorrow, December 8.
I found that Toys R Us had all of their video games, Buy one, get one 50% off through the weekend. I took the circular to Target where I was able to combine both deals.
I purchased two games, (and one actually on sale at Target and not at Toys R Us), saved $10 (just because they had it on sale), got one 50% off AND received a $10 gift card!
I love it!
I guess I had better start doing some more Christmas shopping...STAT!
Monday, November 19, 2012
Have family coming in for the holidays? Want to plan a fun date night or give a unique gift this year? Here's a fun deal from Groupon for Gray Line DC, Marz Group DC After Dark Tour for 51% off the regular price. There are three options to choose from at Groupon:
- $17 for one ticket to a DC After Dark tour (up to a $35 value)
- $32 for two tickets to a DC After Dark tour (up to a $70 value)
- $62 for four tickets to a DC After Dark tour (up to a $140 value)
Go HERE to get your tickets.
The Fine Print
- Expires 120 days after purchase.
- Limit 4 per person, may buy 4 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required.
Posted by Brooke at 9:00 AM
The holidays are upon us and many of us (if not most of us) are still shopping, shopping, and shopping. In the last few years I have come to love online shopping. If you shop smart you can save a lot of money and wasted time and energy at the crowded stores.
Make sure that you always check with Ebates and Shop at Home to see if the store you want to buy from is offering a cash back bonus--they usually are. I recently saved an additional $9 off the curtains I ordered from Target and still scored free shipping just from searching these two sites. Most of the time I find that I use Ebates over Shop at Home, but I ALWAYS check both to make sure that I get the most bang for my buck. And you might as well do the same since they don't cost anything and are easy to sign up for!
To sign up for Ebates go HERE.
To sign up for Shop at Home go HERE.
Posted by Brooke at 8:47 AM
Saturday, November 10, 2012
I'm back! It's been a while and I've been crazy busy, but I just HAD to share this deal that I just ordered for myself.
New customers to Minted.com are being rewarded with a FREE $25 account credit. Plus you can create your custom holiday cards and use promo code HOL25SHIP to enjoy FREE shipping and another $25 off your order. Here's how to get this deal that I just ordered myself:
- Visit Minted.com and "Create Account" to get started with your FREE $25 account credit.
- Once you have your new account set up, click on the Holiday Photo Cards section.
- To save an additional $10 (Like I did!) go the bottom of the Holiday Photo Cards page and select the Express Service (there are only 11 cards to choose from here, but save $10!).
- Choose a template, select your desired quantity (I chose 25) and click "personalize."
- Edit text and upload pictures to customize your card.
- Preview your card and "Add to Cart."
- Proceed to "secure checkout" and enter your billing information.
- Enter promo code HOL25SHIP ( at teh bottom of the page) to enjoy an extra $25 off your order and FREE shipping.
- "Review your order" to see those sweet discounts all applied and then "place your order."
I chose a card and got a quantity of 25 cards. With all the above discounts my order total was $4 plus FREE Shipping!
Go HERE and order your cards before this fantastic deal expires.
Posted by Brooke at 1:30 PM
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Zulily has some adorable and cheap boots on sale today. The boots pictured above are only $34.99! And the boots pictured below are only $24.99! Now the hard part. . .which do I choose? Go HERE to see what other boots are on sale in Chocolate Hues on Zulily. And why not throw in a pair or two of adorable earrings and then you can apply the coupon code RETMEZU381 to save 10% off any $50 or more purchase.
Posted by Brooke at 1:32 PM
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Certifikid has a really fun deal for those you you in the local area. Right now they are offering 50% off a 4 pack to the 27th Annual Youth For Tomorrow Country Fair and Auctions on October 6th. The family four pack of tickets includes two (2) adult tickets and two (2) child tickets good for admission and unlimited rides, games and amusements at the event. Children under 3 are FREE. We took our family to this event one year and the kids LOVED it!
Go HERE to get your tickets.
Posted by Brooke at 9:22 AM
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Groupon is once again offering thier wonderful Merrifield Garden Center deal. For $25 you'll get $50 to spruce your yard up for the fall. The voucher expires on March 30, 2013, so there is plenty of time to use it. Go HERE to get your voucher.
Posted by Brooke at 9:31 AM