Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting Fit Friday: Buck Up and Move Forward


So today I had planned on running a 20 miler (yes, 20 miles. That is a little requirement when training for a marathon...running 3 or 4 of those) with a good friend of mine.  Last night, she told me she was unable to join me.

I thought to myself, "You have got to be kidding me. I have to run 3 hours alone?" 

I decided to buck up and move forward (after sending out a plea to all of my friends...no one was available). I had done this before and it could be done.  And then realized I still hadn't found my Garmin watch (I lost it a few weeks ago and it is a MUST have when I am running long distances.  It keeps track of my miles, time, and pace).

I thought to myself, "You have got to be kidding me. I have to run in circles now?  In order to keep track of my distance, I will have to run only where I know the distance! Stink.

I decided to buck up and move forward.  That night I mentally figured out my route for the next day.  I tried to plan something that sounded "fun."  I was actually excited to give my plan a try.  But I had no one to talk to and my music playlist on my ipod was something I had heard over and over again and I absolutely didn't want to hear it. If I had to listen to "Forget You" again...

I thought to myself, "No music?! Why didn't I get a book on tape or something for a situation like this?" 

I decided to buck up and move forward. I asked my husband to put a playlist together for my run.  And when I went to listen to it today...man oh man was it good. I was boppin' and beepin' and my pace was feeling the groove too.  But after 2 hours of running (and 6 more miles to go), I wasn't feeling the groove.

I thought to myself, "No one would know if I headed home.  Why am I doing this again?  Man my legs hurt!  Six more miles is going to take forever!"

I decided to buck up and move forward.  I knocked out 3 more.  And with the final 3 miles passing along ever so slow, I began to think of why I was running this marathon.  Sweet little Brittany, at home, unable to walk, talk, eat...to live on her own...entered my mind.  I am able. I will finish what I started.

And I did.  20 miles, 2 hours and 40 minutes of running.  Aches: Check, Pains: Check, Sweat: Check

Feelings of accomplishment: CHECK AND CHECK.

When getting fit (or staying fit) is in your plans, by golly, things will come up!  But my best advice, "Buck up and move forward."

And please make a donation in honor of Brittany:  http://www.bostonforbrittany.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails