Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Going the Extra Mile...and Reaping the Rewards!



You are all good people. You do good things. You do so much for your families, church groups, friends and neighbors, teachers...so many wonderful things are done by YOU! As I ran last Saturday and I contemplated stopping at mile 23 (truth be told, my husband was insisting...and really I agreed...I didn't want to disturb my actually Boston Marathon training by running my legs to the ground), but I kept thinking of going those "extra miles." There were only 3! I mean, after running 23, why not just keep going?

Before reaching 23, I knew from experience what usually happened around mile 20...total breakdown of body and mind. I didn't want that to happen BEFORE my actual marathon.

I remember with clarity, some 8 years ago when I ran my second marathon and first attempt at a Boston qualifying time. I was all smiles and high fives until a light switch went off at mile 18. It was like I had been hit over the head with a brick. And then my legs felt like bricks. I recall the pain being similar to child birth (minus the epidural)...seriously! I just wanted the blasted thing to be over. I remember seeing scores of runners pass me...feeling defeated, I almost quit. But I didn't. I kept saying, "Just put one foot in front of the other Heather." And I did. I guess what, I finished...and qualified for Boston.

So while running I thought to myself it was pretty awesome to run 23 miles. It was a good thing...pretty awesome feat if I say so myself. I mean, who runs 23 miles on a Saturday morning...not many people. It would be totally fine to hop in the car and be done with it. I would have accomplished my goal by working my body and mind for a longer distance.
But I kept thinking about what I would get if I finished the race...if I just ran those extra miles. Not only would I have accomplished something "good," I would receive a final reward from my effort.


1. The opportunity to run through the finish, where crowds would be cheering!

2. A medal would be placed around my neck.

3. A warm blanket would be set on my shoulders (something I couldn't wait to get...it was COLD).

4. Fuel for my body (bagels, apples, bananas, chips, yogurt, juice)

5. A massage.

I thought about the rewards of going the extra mile...and the joy it brought to me that morning. I thought about you...and what more can be accomplish if we all would just go the extra mile. If we take the good that we do now and commit to be better what amazing things would happen. Whether we decide to show more patience in our homes, write that card of appreciation we have neglected to send, give of our time, or donate the extra we have...the rewards are great!
And the greatest reward is the joy we will feel in our hearts when we truly give of ourselves.

I see Sandy and Rich (my neighbors and Brittany's parents) running that extra mile each day as they care for their precious Brittany. I want to be just like them when I grow up.
You do so much good...thank you. I am now only $75 from my goal! Will you help me go the extra mile?  To find out how to donate (and to hear more about my Boston Run)...click here!

Remember that extra mile, savings friends!  When you take the time to clip and organize your coupons...you will reap the reward too...!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails