Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Summer Reading Programs

The teacher in me LOVES to read to my kids. I've mentioned before that I probably spend at least two hours a day reading to my kids. They love it and I love it so it's a win-win situation. I really LOVE that my 5-year-old is now reading on his own. It melts my heart when I see him reading to his brother.

Every year I sign my kids up for the summer reading programs offered in our area. My favorite program is through our local library. Each week they offer a coupon for the kids to use at a local attraction or restaurant.  They always seem to offer a free child's ticket to the Prince William County Fair!

This year we will also be taking part in the Barnes and Noble and Borders Summer reading programs.


Barnes & Noble has already released their Summer Reading Program for 2011. If you have a child in the 1st – 6th grades, your child is asked to read eight books and record them in the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Imagination’s Destination Journal. After you have completed your journal, you bring it to a Barnes & Noble store between May 24th and September 6th, 2011 to choose a FREE reading adventure from the book list featured HERE.

Borders has yet to release their summer reading program, but I will post when they do.


Even Chuck E. Cheese has a summer reading program! If your child reads each day for 2 weeks they can earn 10 FREE Chuck E. Cheese tokens (food purchase necessary). Go HERE to print the form.

We've been reading a treasury of fairy tales this past week and have loved comparing the different versions found in different books. I'd love to hear what you're reading to your children.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails