Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting Fit Fridays: Get Ready, Get Set, Get Fit!


Brooke and I both like to be prepared. I remember when my children were younger, I would head over to The Gap (at Fair Oaks when we lived across the street) to their sale rounders hoping to find end of season sales.  I loved finding down winter coats for $4.97 or shorts for $.97.  My closets would be ready to clothe my children each year...I LOVED being "ready" with cute, cheap clothes (and when they are young, it is simple to just buy the next size...now it is not so easy)!  And just like Brooke posted earlier this week...explore Spring yard sales too.

Brooke and I have cupboards "set" with everything we need...many things for free!  Everything from muffin mixes to peanut butter and laundry detergent to toilet paper...we are good to go.  If you aren't quite getting the coupon craze...our next class is right around the corner....we will show you everything you need to do to get "set!"

Our passion to be prepared, fills many (if not all aspects) of our lives.  And it is one of my main passions...to be fit!  I don't want to have to "get in shape" each year before swimsuit season or starve myself to fit a dress for a special occasion.  I want be sure I am always able to keep up with my kids...so we can be active together. That requires effort.  Just like preparing for my child's next growth spurt or making sure I have plenty of pasta...it takes discipline, time and work.

I love the fact that tomorrow I can run in our school's 5k race.  I don't have to worry if I can finish the race because I workout consistently.  Are you ready to get started?

Whatever your goal may be, you have to do just that, get started!

With beautiful spring weather upon us, it is a perfect time to begin.  You don't have to buy an expensive gym membership, a treadmill or fancy clothes...no, no...you just need to be willing to get ready, get set and GO!

Here are some pointers:

1.  Do you have proper running/walking shoes?  Did you know running shoes only last about 300-500 miles or 1 year before their "gel, air or cushioning" begins to wear out?  You can buy fabulous exercise shoes at places like DSW or on sale racks at Dicks and Sport's Authority (and be sure to use a coupon too)!

2.  Call a friend and invite them to go walking!  I am amazed at how much I look forward to exercising with someone...the workout goes so quickly and keeps you coming back for more!

3.  Do you need a stroller or bike carrier?  Check out Craigslist or yard sales (both Brooke and I have found amazing deals).

4.  You can judge what to wear by adding 10 degrees to the current temperature.  If it is 40 degrees out, wear clothing that will work with 50 degrees.  You might be a bit chilly to start but once you warm up...you'll be glad you are not over dressed.  And when the heat starts kicking in, be sure to wear light clothing and carry water!  When hot temps begin to threaten you...don't cave, simply try to plan your exercise for earlier or later in the day...you'll be glad you did!

5.  Start out with simple goals.  Plan on starting with exercising 3 times a week for 30 minutes and add from there.

Be ready by getting yourself set in your ways and you will always be fit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails