Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Check Your RECEIPTS!




Brooke and I always teach in our classes to ALWAYS check your receipts. Today was a perfect example:

I went to Harris Teeter to pick up a few items that were fab deals (just so you know...smart balance popcorn-3 boxes, cantaloupe-3, salami, eggs, cereal-6 boxes, dove ice-cream-3 boxes, ben and jerrys 3- pints, purex, banana chips and emerald almonds-5 large cans).  After purchasing the items and using coupons, my bill totalled $52 with $67 in savings (that is more than a 50% savings without any Super Doubles).  At first I thought that was pretty good but starting thinking...maybe it is a bit too high (I know almonds are expensive and I couldn't remember how much I needed to pay for the buy 2 get 3 promo on each can). 

After checking my receipt, I realized the problem...the almonds. Sure enough they HAD NOT rung up at the buy 2 get 3 price. I had actually paid for 5 (at $6.15 each).  I quickly went to the service desk and Katie (love her) not only gave me money back for the 3, I also got another free!  Harris Teeter has a scan guarantee that states:

"If an item scans higher than the shelf tag or sign, you will receive one like item free, excluding alcohol and tobacco."
We will honor five "scan guarantees" per customer; all other pricing inadequacies will result in the difference between the shelf tag and the actual price of the item being refunded.

So I was refunded $25.22! Do you realize that is half of the amount I had paid! However, I DID have to ask for that free can, which she gladly gave me.

We not only teach the basic couponing secrets in our classes, we share everything with you!  We still have a few spots remaining for next week's class! Come join us.

Bring a friend and get $5 off your enrollment fee.  Bring two friends and we will give you an additional $5 off!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails