Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cheap Cereal


Last night I was at Harris Teeter picking up a few items when I spotted this deal on selected General Mills Cereal.  We love cereal at our house and although my kids prefer the "sugar" variety, I only buy it when it is on sale (or I feel really nice).

I actually appreciate the fact that my favorite cereal (flax pumpkin variety, Quaker Oat Squares and Fiber One Frosted Squares) is rarely touched and the only thing that doesn't disappear when I buy it.

Anyway...let me get on with the deal.  Just as I was about to put in the Harris Teeter brand of cereal into my cart (on sale for $1.80ish), I spotted this.

Buy 5 select General Mills cereal and automatically get them for $1.99 each!  I didn't have any coupons on hand but I thought that was a pretty good deal. In fact, the cereals listed were ones that I wanted! And funny thing, my kids had just asked me that night to let them PLEASE try the new Frosted Toast Crunch cereal...and it happened to be one of the cereals on the deal.

So I bought 5 of the new cereals. I figured I would put their name on each one (and if they ate the entire box in one sitting...so be it...and this does happen at my house) and let them be overjoyed when they woke in the morning.

When checking out, the Catalina machine gave me a coupon for $1.50 off 3 boxes!  So I immediatley went back and bought 5 more (this time I got Honey Nut Cheerios).

Guess what...that time I got another Catalina for $2.00 off!  So I went back and purchased 5 more (this time I picked up 5 of my favorite Fiber One boxes)!

By this time, the clerk and I were having so much fun, she wondering if I would yet get another...sure enough...I did!  I then told her she could have it...she was so happy!

I think this promo is on until 1/17.
Related Posts with Thumbnails