Last night we were discussing our upcoming new school year. I asked my kids to each think of three field trips that they'd like me to plan for the year. The first thing that popped out of my 6 year old was, "Washington, D.C.!" That's an easy one.
So, I went ahead and purchased the Spy Museum Groupon (kids six and under are FREE!) and I just purchased this Certifikid deal for Capitol River Cruises. These are things that the kids have never done before and I know that they will love.
Here's what you get with the Certifikid deal:
For $20 you get 2 Adult (ages 13+) and 2 Child (ages 3-12) tickets on a Capitol River Cruise.The 45-minute cruises are rich with historical narration as you float past the Kennedy Center, Key Bridge, Memorial Bridge, Roosevelt Island, the Washington Monument, the Lyndon B. Johnson Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, the US Capitol, Watergate, the Lincoln Memorial, Maritime Memorial and the Curtis-Lee Mansion.
- If you have more than 2 adults and 2 children in your party, Capitol River Cruises will extend a special discounted rate of $10 for each additional adult (ages 13+) and $5 for each additional child (ages 3-12), payable directly to Capitol River Cruises at the time of boarding.
- Children under 3 are free.
- Through September 30th - 11am - 8pm daily
- October 1st - 19th - 11am - 7pm daily
- October 20th - 28th - 11am - 7pm WEEKENDS ONLY
- Departures every hour on the hour. (Cruises board at 15 minutes before the hour.)
- Please call 301.460.7447 before heading out to double-check daily departure times.
Go HERE to purchase your Certifikid deal.