Next Coupon Class

UPCOMING COUPON CLASS
Coming soon!
Let us know if you would like to attend our next class.
hiptoclip@gmail.com

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Dinners:Creamy Curried Carrot Soup

I had a 2 lb. bag of carrots in my fridge that were calling my name. I looked over a few recipes and came up with this easy recipe that contained everything I already had on hand to make a creamy carrot soup. My kids don't care for "chunks" in their soup. So I knew they'd love this recipe. They gobbled it down in no time. And guess what? I liked it so much that there is now ANOTHER 2 lb. bag of carrots in my fridge calling my name.

Creamy Curried Carrot Soup

Ingredients


• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 pounds carrots, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 5 - 6 cups chicken broth
• 2 teaspoons curry powder

optional garnish
• sour cream
• crumbled bacon

Directions

Preheat pot over  high heat. Add olive oil, onions, garlic and carrots and saute 5 minutes. Add 5-6 cups chicken broth, and curry. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until carrots are very tender, about 15 minutes. Process soup in blender or food processor in 2 or 3 small batches until soup is smooth and carrots are fully pureed. Transfer processed soup into a large bowl as you work to make room for more soup in the blender/food processor. Return completed soup to the soup pot and place back over low heat. If the soup is too thick, add remaining stock, up to 1 cup, to achieve desired consistency.

Garnish with sour cream and bacon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails