Guess what? I WASN'T going to go into Bloom today for Super Doubles--shocking isn't it? But then Heather posted her lovely deals and I heard Bloom Super Doubles calling my name. So I grabbed my trusty old coupon binder and headed out the door. This is what I purchased:
- 2 DOVE chocolate bars (FREE)
- 2 Arm and hammer toothpastes (25 cents each)
- 3 boxes of Post Cocoa Pebbles Snacks (99 cents each)
- 1 bag of frozen pancakes (49 cents)
- 1 box of magic erasers (49 cents each)
- 1 bag of 14 mini boxes of raisins (no coupon/found on clearance for 74 cents)
- 12 bags of frozen veggies (should have been 74 cents each)
- 7 packages of turkey hot dogs (outdoor BBQ's have also been calling my name) (50 cent moneymakers each! I MADE $3.50 on hot dogs! Hot Diggity Dog!)
My total came to $25.43 with a savings of $57.30. My total seemed a bit high, but I headed out the door. The numbers just would not sit comfortably in my head. So I sat in my car and pulled out the receipt to figure out what had gone wrong. Guess what? I had been overcharged by $11.46! That was almost half of my purchase price! I went back in and customer service kindly refunded my money. In the end I spent $13.97 and SAVED $68.76. Now those are numbers that I can be happy with. Thank you, Bloom.
So remember, ALWAYS check your receipts!!